Saturday, September 27, 2008

I can have my cake and eat it too, but God doesn't want me to live for the icing

3/25/08

Michael, longing for me, crying out to me, calling me your father and knowing that's who I am- knowing you're my son is half the journey to begin loving me as such- leaning on me and trusting me- I will fulfill my promises to you- but life is now, life doesn't start when I fulfill my promises. My promises are inevitable because of who I am, I am faithful. Life is now, I am your life- you will have no more life when I show myself faithful than you can have now with me, your life, believing I am faithful because your life doesn't come from my promises- your life comes from me- this is the joy you have now to enjoy me and patiently wait for the gifts I have promised you not feeling left out now because these are just icing on the cake you already have- some of the icing will make the cake taste better- too much of the icing will make you sick- because I am the cake and I am life- the icing is my blessings which aren't your source of life and if you treat them as such - you can plan on a major belly ache and lack of health- spiritually, emotionally and physically. You can have your cake and eat it too but just don't live for icing, you'll never be satisfied- love me, for I am good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Dow said...

Amen.

God is cake, I love it. It make so much sense on different layers!

2:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent. Very insightful. God has spoken similar things to my heart, such as in the metaphor of a young child loving his parents because of what they give him, but as he grows up, he learns to know and love them more and more for who they are as people. But I really like the cake idea too - thanks for sharing!

10:24 PM  
Blogger namiswan said...

Proverbs 25:16
If you find honey, eat just enough- too much of it, and you will vomit.
-Jen

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home